Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1 of 31

This is the first post of my attempt to blog every day in July. My friend, Lori, at http://lori-thequeensnewthrone.blogspot.com/ has joined me in trying to do this.

J, M and I went to the pool today. While they swam, I read. Although, I do wear a swimsuit, I only get in the pool to cool off, then it's right back to my book. There's just something about reading at the pool... love it!

One thing I noticed today was the proliferation of reusable shopping bags as pool bags. I must have seen at least ten of them. I would have never thought to use mine at the pool. While I understand the economy of their use, I like to use the pool bag I bought at Target a few years ago.
It's waterproof and has different sections for different items. For us, it's much more practical than a shopping bag. That's not to say that we don't love using our shopping bags. I have a fun assortment that I use at the grocery store, the library and anywhere else I need a bag.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy. The kids were worn out so we stopped at Sonic on the way home. J and I each have a favorite drink while M gets something different every time. After an afternoon of reading, both in their rooms and on the back patio, they're now crashed on the sofa watching "I Survived A Japanese Game Show" having just watched " Wipeout". Not my kind of TV but they enjoy it.

Lately, I've been in the mood for a new cell phone. My friend, L, a British ex-pat, calls it a "mobile"...I LOVE that! Anyway, I have a great phone that's just about a year old and definitely don't need a new one. I don't even use all the features on my current phone. Recently, though, I've found myself looking online for a new one. Both J and M want my old phone, if I buy a new one. Why, I don't know? They each have great phones. I know I won't get one but I've had fun looking.

3 comments:

Lori said...

One down......

I know what you mean about the phone. We got Greg a new one a few weeks ago and suddenly my purple phone just isn't making me happy. I hardly use my phone, only to talk and text the kids. I don't really need a new one. But his is really cool! LOL

Karen in Texas said...

I tried several times yesterday to leave you a comment Kathy. LOL, it wouldn't let me. I was just going to say my fave thing from Sonic is a Cherry Lime Coke. I've been stuck on them for about a year now. LOL.

Kathy said...

My favorite Sonic drink is just a plain Cherry Limeade with an extra shot of cherry. Is that the same thing as your Cherry Lime Coke? That sounds good, too!