
This blog award is from my friend, Cyndy at http://luvmydoxies.blogspot.com/ Thanks!
First, I have to comment on the picture in the award. It is a Claddagh... "The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown). The expression which was associated with these symbols in the giving of the ring was: "With my two hands I give you my heart, and crown it with my love." Yet, the expression, "Let love and friendship reign forever" can be found as another meaning for the symbols.
The way that a Claddagh ring is worn on the hand is usually intended to convey the wearer's romantic availability, or lack thereof. The ring is worn on the right hand with the heart facing outward to show that the wearer is not romantically linked but is looking for love. When turned inwards, it is shown that the wearer is in a relationship, or their heart has been "captured". The ring worn on the left hand with the heart facing outward shows the wearer is engaged; turned inward indicates the wearer is married"... from Wikipedia.
Being the good Irish girl that I am, Claddaghs mean a lot to me. My husband gifted me with a beautiful Claddagh ring for our first wedding anniversary. I wear it every day in March... not only the month we were married but the month of St. Patrick's Day.
I also wear two sterling silver Claddagh toe rings every day in the summer. I wear them on the second toe of each foot. I think it looks cute and the sentimentality means something to me.
I really thought a lot about what I would post as my keepsake. I thought about my favorite things, but then, we all know what those are... Bags, Books and Bon Jovi, of course!! Family is at the top of the list but I don't want to post pictures. Then it came to me... my keychain! And I'll explain why... everything on it defines who I am.
Chapstick... on a keychain. Genius! I am completely addicted to it and to have it on a keyring means I'm never without it.
J and M's picture... for a few years, we could order keyring pictures. What a cool idea... now, they with me all the time.
Library cards... our library, like many other, gives out barcode keyring library cards. It's so easy. I have mine and the kids so I can check out their holds when they're not with me.
Coach handbag keyring... this was a gift from J because he knows how much I love bags!
Grocery card... because I'm the Mom, I'm usually the one buying groceries. It makes me feel good to be able to provide for my family and buy food that not only nourishes their body but their souls... ice cream comes to mind.
Clip... very practical so I can clip my keys to my belt loop to have my hands free. This really came in handy when my kids were little.
Pink House Key... my home is the center of my universe! Everything and everyone that I love is here. I love nothing more than to come to the warmth and safety of it. It's a nice house, in a nice neighborhood with nice neighbors.
Durango Car Key... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my car!!! It will be very sad day when I have to give it up. It has a third row which is perfect for hauling kids. It has 4WD because, even though, I live in Colorado, I'm a complete wimp when I drive in snow. It has two Bon Jovi stickers on the back window as well as ski resort stickers on the back side windows. And, it has a really cool personalized license plate.
J's SUV key... practical, of course, when I drive it but also a reminder of him and how freakin' hot I think he looks in his big, black SUV!!
I'd post a picture but blogger won't let me. I will try tomorrow.

I carried my Vera Wang black satchel to Mah Jong today, although we didn't play. My friend is still going through a very life-altering situation and this week was extremely emotional. So, we ate lunch and just talked. It's so difficult to see her go through this. I'd probably be a puddle on floor, if it were happening to me. She needed to talk and we were there for her. We can play Mah Jong any day...today was about her.

3 comments:
Oooh, pretty layout!
I have some very cool and sentimental keychains also, but I'd have never thought of posting about them. Great idea!
I'm still thinking about my keepsake. I love your claddagh info and that you have a ring and toe rings. It so suits you Kathy. Glad you can be there for a friend in need too. You're always so sweet when somebody needs an ear.
Love all the keyring meanings! You know I"m jealous of those library ones! LOL
Post a Comment