I met some friends for dinner and while it was great to see them, the talk was pretty serious. Ailing parents, looming job losses and potential relocations were topics that came up tonight. Interesting conversations for a Girls Night at Old Chicago. But that's how life goes and it's comforting that we can talk about it with friends. Sometimes there are things that you don't want to talk to your husband about. Sometimes you want to bitch about your husband. Who better to listen to you but your girlfriends? Well, your girlfriends with drinks in their hands, of course!! I love my girlfriends. 
I carried my Rocker Chick bag tonight. There were six of us and there two Coach bags (one new and one vintage), one Kathy Van Zeeland (the color was ice blue. I love it!), one very practical cross-body bag and a black leather hobo bag. Yes, handbags are the first thing I notice on a woman. My friends tease me about this but it's OK... they know who to come to when they need to borrow a bag :o)

Here's a dilemma... I have library book that's due tomorrow and there's no way I'll be finished with it. I can't renew because there are holds on it. Do I... keep it and just pay the fines? I don't have a problem paying the fines but I feel bad that I'm keeping it from someone else who wants to read it. Or do I return it, half-read and finish it when I can get it again? Keeping in mind that it's a mystery and I won't be able to find out "whodunnit". I know... what a dilemma and I thought solving the health care crisis was bad... lol!

6 comments:
I guess I'm lucky - my library doesn't do fines! So I would definitely keep it. I'm bad like that!
Aiyee, what a dilema. I always fast track any library books that I know others are waiting on just so I don't have this problem. I'm cheap so I'd take it back and put a hold on it again.
How fast do you think you can finish it? The library probably won't be sending it anywhere all weekend since it's the holiday, so if you can do it in a couple of days I say keep it and pay the fines.
Sounds like you had a fun night. As for the library book (keep it and pay the fine); enjoy!
Thanks, girls for your comments. I am definitely finishing my book...probably tonight so whoever's waiting on it will only be waiting a couple of extra days :o)
Glad you're keeping the book Kathy. You know it'd bother you until you find out how the mystery ends.
Post a Comment