
Today's the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Landing and Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin becoming the first humans to land on the Moon. I watched it on television, according to my Mom but I have absolutely no memory of it as I was just a little girl.
In honor of that historic feat and because I'm posting a video every day, here is my favorite quote from my favorite space movie, Apollo 13. Everyone knows and quotes the famous, "Houston, we have a problem." and while that is a great line, I find this one so much more inspiring. It might also have to do with the fact that I ADORE Ed Harris.
I just had to take a twenty minute break from blogging because there was a freaking tornado WARNING!! I can't believe it! All of the sudden, the weather became very violent. It started hailing and was so loud. M was in bed, my son is at my Mom's and my husband was coming home from a late meeting. I was watching Sex and the City when they interrupted with a tornado warning for our area. We live right against the foothills and it's VERY rare that we have tornado warnings, especially at night. Wow! I woke M up and made her go to the basement. I called my son, who, of course, was still on the computer at my Mom's, told him to wake Oma (my Mom) and go to the basement. The storm was moving very quickly towards her house (about seven miles east of us). According to the radar map on the news, the purple shaded part was the most dangerous part of the storm. Guess where that was centered... yep, right over our area! I can not believe this! As fast as it moved in, it moved out. It's actually quiet here now... and smells really clean. We're all safe now and watching the news.
Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. I am expecting another book in the mail and was surprised to receive There's Something About St. Tropez by Elizabeth Adler.
I could not remember why I received it and there was no note. Then I remembered that it was a giveaway. I receive an email every morning featuring part of a new novel each day for a week. Suzanne, the host, will offer giveaways every now and then. I guess I won one :o) I've never read this author so I'm looking forward to reading it.After M and I dropped J at my Mom's, we went to Target. Every year, we sponsor a child through our church. We provide a new backpack, school supplies, new socks and underwear as well as an "first day of school" outfit and a gift card for a new pair of shoes. We've done this for years and, although, J used to be excited to help, he's kind of over it now. M still gets excited (yes, we're geeks. We love to shop for school supplies) so she and I went shopping. We have a 4th grade girl this year and M knew exactly what she would like. We had a blast and bought some very cute items.

My bag today was my Vera Wang black satchel. It's one of my bigger bags but it fits all my stuff as well as the book I'm reading. What else do I need?

5 comments:
Scary! I'm glad all is well.
What a scary night Kathy. I'm glad ya'll are okay and made it through the storm. I remember watching the moon landing but I got to say that a little over a week later was the best week in my life. That's when my first little sister was born. I always associate both of these events together.
What great memories, Karen.
Tornado warnings always have me running for the basement, trying to herd both my dog and cat down there. I do love that clean smell afterwards though :)
That's exactly what we were trying to do... get the cats in the basement.
Post a Comment