Saturday, July 18, 2009

18 of 31

One of my all-time favorite movies is That Touch of Mink. I absolutely ADORE Cary Grant. He epitomizes every thing a gentleman should be. I watch this movie every time I see it on television. I also have it on DVD and have been known to watch it as I soak in a bubble bath. I found the original theatrical trailer. It's perfect!


I've said before that my husband is an avid golfer. So, this weekend, we've been watching The British Open. I'm originally from Kansas City and am very excited to see that a local boy, Tom Watson, is leading and could win tomorrow. Besides being from my wonderful hometown, he's 59 years old... not that old in real life but in golf, he's considered a "Senior". I mean "Champion"... they changed the name. It will be nice to see him win The Claret Jug. These pictures are from the first three rounds of The British Open. Notice anything?!? He's wearing PURPLE in all the pictures!! I love purple!! I hope he wears purple on Sunday... much better than seeing Tiger's red.




My handbag today was my rouge Dooney & Bourke satchel. I was telling a girl at work how great it looked for its age. We were working together again today so, I brought it in to show her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore Cary Grant. Ever seen him in Arsenic and Old Lace? He is too funny doing comedy as opposed to his usual smooth & sophisticated style.

PS, it just occured to me you might find some good material for your remaining 30 days at dumaurier.org. They've got several videos from movies made on her books.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie too! Of course I can watch Cary Grant in anything.
And I'm not a big golf watcher, but it exciting to have Watson showing up all those young whipper snappers ;)

Karen in Texas said...

You've got marvelous taste in old movies Kathy. Cary Grant will never grow old in my fave movies world either. Hope your guy wins the open today. Gotta love a man in purple.

Kathy said...

It's great to know that there are others who share my love of old movies and, more specifically, my love of Cary Grant.

It's a bit nerve wracking in our house right now. Tom, who is wearing a periwinkle (to me, a shade of purple) sweater, bogeyed 18 to send The British Open into a playoff. My husband may just have a heart attack.

Thanks for the suggestion, Misfitandmom. I'll check it out.