
I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"She spent the next ninety minutes floating around the vast chasm of the Internet. She searched out Moriarty and Foo, discovering that both of them were dead."
page 444
Careless In Red
Elizabeth George

There is nothing about Elizabeth George's novels that I don't love. She is a flawlwess author who created Thomas Lynley... what more can a reader want? Her series is a perfect combination of mystery, setting and, above all, characters. Everyone I know who reads these books agrees that the main chacracters absolutely drive these novels. The central relationships between Thomas, Barbara, Helen, Simon and Deborah are complex yet so real with emotions that are ones we all feel. It takes a very talented writer to create a mystery series that is read almost more for those characters than anything else. That said, however, the mystery that is the basis of the story is always intriguing and meticulously plotted. It's really not my intention to try to solve it. I read Elizabeth George to appreciate a great author and her ability to craft a superb novel.

My bag today was a red and pink bandana tote bag. The handles looked rather odd in this picture but when all my things are in it, it fits fine on my shoulder.

8 comments:
I'm pretty sure it was you that turned me into an Elizabeth George fan too! I'm not as far along in the series as you are but I do have them next to my bed in my pile! I just grabbed a few at the thrift store the other day too. Love her!!!
Yes, that was me!
I'm so happy that you like them.
I've never read Elizabeth George and your post has made me feel guilty about it!
Don't feel guilty, Stacy. Just go to the library TODAY :o) and check one out. They must be read in order, though. The first one is A Great Deliverance.
I love the pink bag. I am a sucker for pink purses...I have way too many.....
Thanks, Missy. I think I have three or four pink bags :o)
Thanks for the heads up! I've added A great Deliverance to my wish list :)
Stacy~
I hope you love it as mich as I do :o)
Let me know.
Post a Comment