
I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Three weeks later on monday, August twenty-ninth, Jonathan Raleigh sat in the back of a hired coach and chewed on a fingernail- a nervous habit had acquired of late. I should have written first, he thought."
page 162
The Courtship of the Vicar's Daughter
Lawana Blackwell

The first thing that caught my eye was the date mentioned. That is M's birthday :o)
This novel is the second in a series. I really enjoyed the first one. It was just a light, easy read. Although, it is considered "Christian Fiction", it is not the "beat it into the reader's head at every turn". It's more just a good story with moral and not-so moral characters and how their faith carries them through their life.

My bag today is a really fun summer bag. I kept watching it at Target and when it went to its final sale price. I bought it. The picture is pretty bad but it's an aqua bag with kelly green suede trim.I know suede is more of a winter fabric but it works with this bag. The pattern is a Paisley with siver strands throughout. There is a tassle on the zipper that is made of the fabric of the bag and the suede. I get so many compliments on it and it makes me smile to know what a bargain I got on it.

5 comments:
Page 181,
"....and so, filled with wonder at the remarkable contrast between the two Dianas, he said to himself that God had no doubt filled the daughter with such excellent virtues in order to make good the crimes of the mother."
The Two Dianas by Alexandre Dumas. Damn this is good.
This sounds good, although I'd have to start with the first one.
Great teaser...he might as well get it over with as he is already there!
Misfitandmom~
That is a fantastic sentence. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the novel.
I love Lawanna Blackwell as an author. I just always forget to look for her books when I'm in the library. This books sounds like a really nice read Kathy. Sometimes we just need nice reads.
Post a Comment