
I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"She served it without speaking and sat opposite him. When she looked up, her eyes focused over his shoulder."
page 314
Burden of Desire
Robert MacNeil

This, technically, isn't my current read because I haven't started it yet. I finished a book at the pool today and chose this one out of my library pile. I will start it tonight before I go to bed.
I checked it out because of the cover. It's gorgeous. It was on the front of one stack shelves at the library and caught my attention. Reading the jacket, I found out it is based on a true story. A ship carrying load of TNT blew up in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1917. That is (sort of) my "grenre-niche"... according to Michele at http://readersrespite.blogspot.com/... I really enjoy reading books set in that time period.
The author is Robert MacNeil of The MacNeil Lehrer Report. I had no idea he wrote fiction. It should be a good read.

2 comments:
I wouldn't have thought of him as a fiction author either. Sounds like a really good read Kathy.
I wouldn't have either so that also intrigues me. So far, it's very well written.
Post a Comment