Wednesday, July 15, 2009

15 of 31


My Waiting on Wednesday is a little different today. It's not a book or even book related. I've been waiting on a new TV show. It's Dark Blue starring Dylan McDermott. I've been a fan of his since The Practice (I stopped watching it when it became Boston Legal) and loved the show he was in a while back, Big Shots. Of course, like all shows I love, it was cancelled. So, when I saw he was in a new police drama, I was very excited. It is also produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so I have high hopes... which means it'll be cancelled. I think I've been waiting since March. J and I watched it tonight and it was pretty good. I'll definitely watch it again.

After Dark Blue we watched Leverage. This is a new-to-us show. I like the "Robin Hood" premise. I remember Timothy Hutton in Ordinary People. How is it that he looks so good and I'm as old as I am?

I realized today that we've not been to the bookstore in a while...okay, last week...but for, us that's a while. M is spending the night with my Mom. So, we'll go after I pick her up tomorrow. I've trained my children well. They understand what it means to wander a bookstore, to find a new author, to find books to put on their library lists and to more often than not, walk out with a shiny new bookmark... okay, that would be me. J has used the same bookmark since sixth grade.
He was given a Book Bungee bookmark by his teacher. It is really a great design... "The Levenger Book Bungee marks your page and keeps your book safely closed, even in a bag. Place the plastic marker in the book, close the book, and wrap the elastic cloth around the outside. The bookmark can't fall out."
M has a collection that she rotates. I'm the one who gets excited to find a bookmark that means something. Right now, I'm on the hunt for a purple one. Right, Lori?

I carried my beige Dooney & Bourke Sac. I read somewhere that if you put a magazine at the bottom of a slouchy bag, it holds its shape better. I put a copy of Vanity Fair with Angelina Jolie on the cover in the bag. She looks GORGEOUS on this cover... very retro pin-up. I know it's all "smoke and mirrors" but she looks pretty good au natural,too. I guess "being with" (wink, wink) Brad Pitt does wonders for a girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with Timothy Hutton when I saw the cheesy 1987 movie Made in Heaven. And I have no idea how he manages to still look so good!

Kathy said...

I've never heard of that movie, Stacy. I just googled it and it sounds cheesy good :o)