Tuesday, July 21, 2009

21 of 31


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Jake went around his oversize mahogany desk and sat down in the high-backed chair. He waved her toward the black leather chair in front of him."
page 131
Ladies of the Go
ldfield Stock Exchange
Sybil Downing

This is one of the books I checked out last week. It's a good book but it's nothing special. I feel bad saying that because obviously the author worked hard on it. It's just not a book that is so compelling that I can't wait to read it. I'll finish it and probably read other titles by the author but it's one that I will put aside for something "better".

~~~VIDEO EDITED OUT AS IT CAUSED PROBLEMS WITH MY BLOG~~~
This is news footage from our storm last night. There are varying opinions if a tornado actually touched down. The area that they are talking about is a few miles north of us. It was hit pretty hard. We, literally, must have missed the damage by blocks. We had absolutely no damage. I noticed, on my way to work, that starting about four blocks from our house, there was heavy damage...trees are stripped of leaves, the streets are green from all the leaves and fourteen hours after the storm, there are piles of hail in the medians. It was pretty wild to see all this damage so close yet our neighborhood is completely unscathed.



My bag today is a black hobo with sequined flowers. I wore plain black to work today and carrying a bag with a little "bling" was a great finishing touch.

1 comment:

Karen in Texas said...

I'm so glad you didn't have any damage Kathy. Here when they don't want to say Tornado they call it straight line winds. Sounds like ya'll had a Tornado though.