Sunday, July 19, 2009

19 of 31


I am both sad and excited today. Sad today because Tom Watson lost The British Open. He missed an 8 foot putt to win and sent it to a 4 hole playoff with Stewart Cink. I'm a fan of Stewart Cink (and I loved his chartreuse green ensemble), and on any other Sunday, I would have loved to see him win his first Major. Today, though, I, along with most of the golf world, was rooting for Tom. Both men showed what a gentlemen's game golf really is... unlike another player who was seen throwing his clubs in frustration and didn't even make the cut.

I am excited because Design Star premiered tonight. YAY!! I am addicted to the show and have waited months for Season 4. It was a great episode but, unlike the previous seasons, I don't have an early favorite. In one commercial for the show, Vern says something to the effect of "It looks like a rainbow threw up." I can't wait to see what's he's talking about.


The boys went to Georgetown Lake to fish and brought home a Colorado Rainbow Trout. It was grilled and it was delicious! While they were gone, M and I went to Panera for dinner. We sat on the patio and talked about sixth grade. She is very excited and is already planning her "First Day of School" outfit :o)

My floral handbag was my choice today. I love the way it looks with my outfit. I wore a black blouse with white and multicolor threads throughout, white walking shorts, black espadrilles and multicolored beaded earrings (for which I get a ton of compliments and that I bought at a coffee shop... lol). It's my favorite summer outfit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that Design Star started last night until I saw it on the guide halfway through, so I don't have a favorite either. But I loved seeing their finished rooms last night.

Karen in Texas said...

I missed Design Star last night. Shoot! Sorry to hear your guy didn't win the open. I was routing for him. Yum on the trout and glad to hear that M is looking forward to 6th grade. I know she'll have a better classroom experience this year than last year.