Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Teaser Tuesday & Other Thoughts


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Frank wanted to know what a man like Sharpe was doing at a seance in Greenwich Village, but he refrained from asking. There would be time for that later."
Murder on Waverly Place
Victoria Thompson
page 70


I blogged about this novel awhile ago for Waiting on Wednesday. I really love these mysteries. They aren't great literature and they won't change my life but they are solid mysteries with believable characters, my favorite era and a flourishing relationship at its foundation. It's a fast read and I know I'll be satisfied when I'm finished reading it. Sometimes, that's all I need in a book :o)


I know every Mom can relate but I've really noticed, especially in the last couple of days, that M is growing up. Too fast, if you ask me. Not in a bad way, really, but she's my baby and I just wish time would stop! I think it's because she spent a lot of time with her cousins the last two weeks. B is 13, A is 18 and great, great girls so some of their "teenage-ness" wore off on her. We went to the bookstore and she headed directly for the young Adult section... didn't even want to go into the children's section. I'm really loving the young woman she's becoming but I miss the cute little girl that she was. I won't even start on my son and how he's taller than me...


While we were at Barnes & Noble, I was browsing the day planners. I am almost as addicted to planners as I am to bags. I found a great purple one. My friend, Lori, has the same one. Since we live 1000 miles apart and she knows that I love purple planners, I knew she wouldn't mind if I bought it. But, alas (cool word! It's not often that I can use it... so, I will!), it was not be! It had a big thumbprint on it. The display is right next to the cafe so, I'm thinking someone had a croissant and then just had to open that planner... argh! Things like that just tick me off. So, I made my way around the table and found another one that I loved. It's black and white with a fleur-de-lis pattern. This doesn't mean I won't end up with the purple one. I probably will... like I said, it's an addiction.


My bag today was a multicolor tote that I bought at Forever 21 (quit laughing... I only shop there for bags and earrings!) a few years ago. It's what I call a "dump" bag... I just dump all my stuff into it... there's no organization, at all. That's okay, though, I don't carry a lot and need even less :o)


Since tomorrow is July 1st, I'm going to try to blog every day for a full month. Not because what I have to say is all that important, I just want to see if I can do it. it would be fun if I received 31 comments, too. It might just be a month of my bags :o)...we'll see!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Ok girl, let's make this interesting. You blog every day during July and if you do, I'll send you one of your favorite other things.....a new bookmarker! Shall we??

Love the new planner, not as much as my purple one that I really think you should get, but it's very nice.

You know that I completely get where you are coming from with the kids growing up. I fill up everytime I think about it.

Kathy said...

Lori~

Join me! You should try to blog every day as well. If you do it, I'll send you a bookmark, too.

Come on...it'll be fun. We can even share ideas on what to blog about, if we're stuck.

Don't worry... I still plan on getting the purple planner if I can find one without a stupid thumbprint.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I look forward to reading your daily posts.

Karen in Texas said...

I'll make ya'll a blog award if you can do it. It'll be fun to read along with ya'll too.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Stacy. Let's hope we can do it. Lori @ The Queen's New Throne is doing it, too.

You're so nice to make a blog award, Karen.

You both should try it, too!