Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday




My "Waiting on Wednesday" is Locked In by Marcia Muller. This is the Amazon description..."Shot in the head by an unknown assailant, San Francisco private eye Sharon McCone finds herself trapped by locked-in syndrome: almost total paralysis but an alert, conscious mind. Since the late-night attack occurred at her agency's offices, the natural conclusion was that it was connected to one of the firm's cases. As Sharon lies in her hospital bed, furiously trying to break out of her body's prison and discover her attacker's identity, all the members of her agency fan out to find the reason why she was assaulted. Meanwhile, Sharon becomes a locked-in detective, evaluating the clues from her staff's separate investigations and discovering unsettling truths that could put her life in jeopardy again. As the case draws to a surprising and even shocking conclusion, Sharon's husband, Hy, must decide whether or not to surrender to his own violent past and exact fatal vengeance when the person responsible is identified."
I love Marcia Muller's mystery series and her main character, Sharon McCone. Muller has been widely credited with creating the female detective genre when her first novel, Edwin of the Iron Shoes was published in 1977. I have read most, if not all, of her books, obviously, though, not starting in 1977. While they are character-driven mysteries, they are suspenseful and extremely well written.


I carried my Dooney and Bourke Bucket Bag. According to Ebay and other "handbag" sites, it's considered "vintage". It's in absolutely pristine shape. I've toyed with the idea of selling as I really don't carry as much as I should. I know, though, that if did sell it, I would regret it. I have quite a few (probably more than I should admit to) Dooney and Bourke All-Weather Leather handbags and I like carrying bags that are part of my history. Because I'm such a purse fanatic... okay, geek... I can pretty much remember where and when I bought each of my bags. If possible, I even tuck the tags and labels in an inside pocket.


Right now, I have a cat walking on my desk and sniffing the moniter. Her name is Seven. She is a yellow DLH and the baby of our three cats. We actually drove to Kansas City to adopt her. Crazy, yes but even crazier is that J agreed to it :o)
We really didn't like the name she had, so we spent the ten hour drive home trying to find something that suited her. I came up with Seven because we adopted her on 7-07-07 and we were road-tripping on I-70. Kind of cool, I think!

2 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

That is a very cool kitty name.

Karen in Texas said...

Love the name of Seven and how ya'll came up with it Kathy. The book sounds really intriguing. I'll have to look for it now cause I wanna know what happens.