
I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Outside, I seethed with frustration, pacing angrily back forth. "She knows something-something substantive that she refuses to tell us," I said."
page 161
In The Shadow of Gotham
Stephanie Pintoff
I'm really enjoying this mystery. I blogged about it earlier and have since noticed a few things about it. First, there's a blurb on the back from Marcia Muller. She's one of my favorite authors and doesn't give out a lot of dust jacket praise. That makes me believe it'll be a good book. Secondly, it was chosen as the inaugural winner of the Minotaur Books/MWA Best First Crime Novel award. Also, the main character and I share something in common. I also share something near and dear with the author. Last but definitely not least...it starts on Tuesday November 7, 1905 which in the novel is an election day. My son was born on Tuesday November 7, 1995 which in real life was an election day. I love things like that!

2 comments:
I love finding coincidences in books as I read them. I don't think I've ever come across as many in one book as you have in this one though Kathy. Sounds like a great read. Oh and I finished Catherine's Heart so be expecting some mail from me soon. :)
Fun coincidence :)
Post a Comment