
Today is the first day of my month of blogging. It's my second, actually, as I also did it in July.

Our school district has "Choice Enrollment". A student can apply for enrollment at any school in the district, depending on available space. The first round closed last week and we are starting to hear from the schools.
Even though our first choice for J is a Catholic school, we applied at a few district high schools as a "Plan B". So far, he's been accepted to his first choice "Plan B" school. The decision letter for his "Plan A" school won't be mailed for about two weeks. It's nice to know that he's been accepted to a fantastic school if he doesn't get into his first choice.
We put M's application for "Choice Enrollment" at two schools. One being J's current school (which we LOVE!!!) and the other is the top-rated (along with J's current school) school in the district. It's a junior-senior high school, which means we may not have to make another decision in two years. Although we would be happy if she followed her brother's academic path, we realize that she is a different student than he is and her path might be different. J is a math and science "geek" and M is a drama, theater and choir "geek". FYI...in our family, "geek" is a term of endearment :o)
I carried a new bag today. It is one of my Target buys from a few weeks ago. It's blue faux suede that looks perfect with jeans! It also has a great chain strap. I love details like that because it gives a plain purse some "pop"... and, really, whose day isn't better with some "pop" :o)My Bon Jovi picture of the day is from The Grammys last night. He's with his wife, Dorothea and his daughter, Stephanie.
I really admire that he doesn't put his children in the spotlight, like some celebrities. Obviously, I've seen a lot of Bon Jovi pictures but have only seen pictures of his kids a few times. I was also struck at how pretty and poised his sixteen year old daughter is. I found video of this that I enjoyed watching (even though it's extremely short). It's a little annoying as they're being bombarded by the paparazzi. Watch it with the sound off.

4 comments:
Jon's daughter looks a lot like him.
Good luck with posting every day for Feb. I'm going to (try to) do it too.
Cool! Let's do it together! We can help each other if we get stuck for something to write about.
Good Luck!
What a madhouse that video is! I don't know if I've seen his daughter, his wife yes, but not his daughter. I love that he's a family guy. Oh yeah, and that he's sexy!
I totally agree with you, Stacy!
Post a Comment