

Well, this was pretty much the scene around our house this weekend! J was accepted to "Plan A" high school!!!
I checked the mail on Friday afternoon expecting a letter. There wasn't a letter and I was really disappointed but there was a gold tube. I actually thought it was something for me as I get stuff like that in the mail a lot. I looked at the address label and it my son's name on it. I knew, at that moment, it was good news! On the back was a sticker that read "Congratulations!! You're now a "Plan A mascot"... Class of 2014". I didn't open it, though, as I wanted J to open it. Our mailbox is at the end of our driveway and I honestly think I did a Happy Dance there. My neighbors, if they happened to see, probably thought I was nuts!! I called my husband, told him the great news and we decided not to tell our son until he was home from work. It almost killed me not to tell him on the drive home. I had to keep the conversation to the mundane, everyday topics that we talk about normally.
When we were all together, we showed J the gold tube. I've said that it was like Christmas Eve, waiting for his acceptance. Well, the gold tube was the present under the tree :o) J read the sticker, high-five'd us and opened the tube. There was confetti in it...lol... along with all the official paperwork. Also, included was a certificate proclaiming J as an official member of Plan A High School Class of 2014. What a great touch! This school really promotes a sense of community. We are so proud of him and know he will continue to accomplish so much in high school!

Does it get better than this... a happily married couple walking hand-in-hand... the wife carrying a Louis Vuitton denim handbag... her gorgeous rock star husband carrying Louis Vuitton shopping bag... looks like a good day to me :o)

My zebra bag was my choice today. It didn't see much action, though. I only carried it to work. J and J went snowboarding/skiing at Winter Park today. So, when they returned home, we just had a relaxing day getting ready for the week. we did watch The Amazing Race. Our favorite team came in first... another reason for the Happy Dance!

3 comments:
That's just awesome about the school, congrats to all!
Thanks, Lori!
We are, honestly, beyond thrilled!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment