Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17 of 28







My WoW this week is not a book. It's a letter, actually. It's an acceptance letter to the High School J really, really wants to attend. Needless to say, we really, really want him to attend it, too! He took the placement test, he shadowed on day, we filled out all the application paperwork (including three teacher recommendations)and, of course... he aced the interview. So, now we've just been waiting for the letter. It's being mailed tomorrow. I keep thinking that the path of the next four years of his life has already been decided... it's just sitting in an envelope on the Admissions Director's desk. I feel like it's Christmas Eve. We have a great "Plan B" high school and J would have absolutely no problem attending it. We wouldn't either... it's really a great high school with highly rated Advanced Placement Math & Science classes as well as electives and clubs that are affliated with nationally renowned aerospace corporations. It's just, I think, I'd be disappointed if the "Plan A" high school didn't want him. My mother-in-law told me, basically, not to worry that J was one of the best and he'd get in. While it's true that's he is one of the best (his Mom says...lol), this high school really attracts the best of the best so the field is pretty even. Our fingers, toes and eyes are crossed :o) and we've said our prayers. Now, we wait... and wait. If I'm like this for high school, can you imagine what I'll be like when he's applying for college?

Right now, my family is watching The Olympics waiting for the snowboarding competition. J is a huge "shredder" and if he can't be "shreddin'" the slopes, he wants to watch it. We're totally rooting for the Americans to take Gold! Have to say, though, I'm really sick of the Lindsays (Vonn and Jacobellis)...get over yourselves. Yeah, that's pretty snarky but, hey...it's my blog.


I love that Bon Jovi gave their fans video cameras and used that footage for this video. I really shouldn't admit this but... some of the outfits the girls are wearing look very, very familiar... yeah, that's right....I wore outfits just like that!

I carried my large black Coach Carly today. I met a friend for coffee and she was also carrying a large black Coach bag...not the Carly but the Julianne. Not only do we both love Coach, we're both waiting on the same acceptance letter. Her daughter, whose name is the same (same spelling, too)as my daughter, is also trying to get into the "Plan A" high school. We're hoping she does, too...we want to carpool!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I rec'd this bag in dark brown for Valentine's Day.

Kathy said...

I need it in brown, too!

Karen in Texas said...

Hope he got his letter Kathy. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya'll.