Monday, February 22, 2010

22 of 28

This weekly monday meme is hosted by Molly at The Bumbles http://thebumblesblog.blogspot.com This week's movie topic is all about Popular Movies You Hated...

Ever get excited to see some movie the whole world has been gushing about, only to discover that you thought it was a dud? Not only are you completely annoyed that the movie didn't meet your expectations, but you don't have anyone else to complain to because you're the only one who didn't like it. Lonely days. Well, here are a few that Molly just didn't get that lots of others loved. Share on your blog movies you didn't see what all the fuss was about and link back to The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

1. Pirates of the Carribbean... We never saw this in the theater. We did rent it on DVD. I fell asleep during it, woke up to watch about 20 minutes more and then went to bed. Even my husband admitted later that he fell asleep after I went to bed.

2. Quentin Tarentino... I saw Pulp Fiction and A. didn't "get" it B. was shocked at the violence and C. didn't like any of the characters. Because of that, I have not seen any of his other movies. I know he's "cool" and it's very "cool" to like his movies so I'll take my "uncool" self and watch movies that don't make me queasy.

3. Avatar... Ok, I'll admit it, I don't hate this movie because I haven't seen nor will I. I have less than zero desire to see this. I know, I know... "the best movie ever" well, according to my son who's seen it three times.

I'm sure there are more but, honestly, since I can't think of any so I must have blocked them out of my memory...lol


I've always thought that a guy in a turtleneck sweater is pretty sexy. Guess this picture just proves my point :o)


I carried my blue suede hobo bag today. It looks so good with jeans and the tall blue suede boots I bought a few years ago.

4 comments:

The Bumbles said...

I think what people don't get about Pulp Fiction is that it is dry humor and the over the top violence acts as a farce. But I understand that it can be disturbing. I happen to love it myself ;0)

My sister-in-law met JBJ on New Year's Eve at some exclusive party on St. Bart's and got her picture taken with him - she said he looks absolutely amazing in person. I think if her husband hadn't been with her she would have stalked poor Jon all night! The rest of us are just irritated that she had the opportunity to be there :0)

Karen in Texas said...

I didn't get all the fuss over Titanic Kathy. The only things I liked were the song and Billy Zane. He's so good when he's bad. As it is the song got old and Billy got bald. Oh well...now I after to agree with your son. Avatar is definitely the best movie ever. Its the only movie since Star Wars that I walked out of saying I would see it again.

Kathy said...

Molly (The Bumbles),
Thanks for stopping by :o)
I am completely jealous of your SIL. I'm glad to hear he looks good in person.

Karen,
I guess I'm over Titanic, too. Not that it was bad, but it was a little full of itself, KWIM
M, though, is obsessed with all things Titanic... both fiction and non-fiction.

Anonymous said...

Pulp Fiction made my list too. I did like Pirates, but only because I'm pretty much in love with Johnny Depp.
Avatar doesn't count if you haven't seen it ;)