Saturday, February 6, 2010

6 of 28


I had lunch with two of my oldest friends, D and S. We met at a Mexican restaurant and gorged ourselves on chips, salsa, guacamole and assorted tacos. The staff even sang "Happy Birthday" to me as it was pretty obvious we were celebrating. D's gift to me was in a huge gift bag!

D was one of the first people I met after I moved to Denver. We met on the first day of college in a math class. We've been friends ever since. We've helped each other through some really rough times and celebrated the good times. Her son was even born on my husband's birthday.

S and I met at her wedding reception. She married one of my husband's best friends. They were in the Navy and were married in Hawaii. There was a recption at his parents house a few months later. The first time I saw her, she was crawling on the floor in her wedding dress after their infant son. The marriage didn't last but our friendship most definitely has... that was twenty years ago! I am also responsible (albeit a little indirectly) for S meeting her second husband. I introduced her to D who was on an office softball team that G coached. S ended up playing on the team and she and G began dating. They married a few years later and I was Matron of Honor.

There's just something about a guy in a cowboy hat that makes my hear go "pitter-pat"...I know, I know...CORNY!!! But doesn't this picture do a little something for you...


Instead of of posting a picture of the purse I carried today, I'm posting a picture of one of my birthday presents. D gave me this beautiful deep red bag! It's a great color,it has lots of pockets and it's huge! This picture definitely doesn't do this bag justice but it's late and I'm tired. Maybe I'll post a better picture tomorrow. I love it and will probably carry it Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have wonderful friends. I wish my best friends lived closer :(