

Each Thursday, Alyce at http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/ features a favorite book from the past. I love this idea and often participate. You can, too! Don't forget to leave a comment on her blog with a link to yours!
I'm not featuring one title today but a series. It's the "Wagon's West" series by Dana Fuller Ross (a pseudonym for Noel B. Gerson).
From Fantastic Fiction's website..."The first volume of the author's "Wagons West Series" concerned with pioneers in America in 1837 setting out to win the rich Oregon territory for America. A stirring saga of triumph, tragedy, love and loss. Travelling under authority of President Andrew Jackson the task is to win a race against England and Russia."This series was so many things... interesting, exciting, fun and even a little educational... just to name a few. Although, not great literature, the series is a favorite read because it was like a favorite TV show. There were conflicts, ongoing characters, romances, heartbreaks... basically life and death while settling the West. I knew, when I read one, that it would end in a way that would wrap up that book but leave me eager for the next. The author wrote four series based on these characters and I'm pretty sure I read them all. At the time they were published, I worked at B. Dalton Bookseller. I would read the publisher's microfiche (Goodness...remember that?!?) so I'd know when the next one would be published.
I've kind of been in a reading slump lately... not really reading anything that's keeping me up at night. I think I'll read a couple of these and see if they're still a favorite read.
I just find this picture very sexy. Even though his eyes are partially hidden, I think his lips are what draws my attention...hmmmm, is that bad? I don't think so :o)
My red bag that my friend, D, gave me for my birthday was what I used today. I love big bags, obviously, and this can hold everything I normally carry... especially my book!

3 comments:
I remember seeing this series in the library in my hometown, and always wondering if they were any good. It's nice to have a series like that to fall back on when you need a good fun read.
I love your red bag! And the pic of Jon....it IS the lips, and no, that's not a bad thing! Happy Friday!
Kathy I read the Wagons West series too. I loved them. Unfortunately I didn't stumble across them until a few years ago when I was seeing what my MIL had at her house to read. There on her bookshelves was the whole series. She let me pack them up and take them home with me and I could keep them or pass them on. I read them and passed them on to my Mom and then my Dad picked up the first one and they both ended up reading the entire series too. I think I sent them to Lori after that but there were a couple missing by then so she didn't get the whole set.
Post a Comment