Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

"What is it?" she asked, staring up at him.
"We made the bay before the storm hit, but the men were taking in the sails just as it came crashing in", he told Cheney soberly.

Where Two Seas Meet
page 96
Lynn & Gilbert Morris

This book is one of the many that I purchased at the library sale. I picked it up for two reasons. I love the cover and how the woman is in the front... that tells me that, not only is she the main character, but she's, most likely, a strong independent woman. It is also the first in a series and I really enjoy reading historical series.

I'm not that far into it but, so far, it's pretty good... a little predictable, but then, it's a Christian romance. Most that I read are fairly predictable. That's okay, though. My reading tastes run the gamut and reading something like this is like watching a favorite movie. It's comfortable and makes me happy.


My bag today was was my black and white peace sign bag. Not only did it look good with what I wore, it was large enough to carry some things I bought at work. It's our Semi-Annual sale and it seems that I can never leave without purchasing something :D My husband call it my "keep me in lotion" job. I love that he "gets" me.


M has a Volleyball skills camp this week at J's new high school. She decided, a few months ago, that she wants to play on the volleyball team at her new junior high. We found this skills camp at his high school so she could really learn. If she keeps with it, she'll already know the high school coach (as she'll, most likely go to the same high school as J) and feel comfortable about playing there. She already knew one girl and will, hopefully, make a few new friends.

No comments: