Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teaser Tuesday & 200...Terrific!


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"His blood had not liquefied this year so he had given his people fair warning; he had told his people of impending doom. And doom had come."
The Botticelli Secret
Marina Fiorato
(closed the book before I took note of the page... oops)

What a great Teaser! Liquefied blood and doom. I thought, especially from the cover, that this was straight-forward historical fiction. I guess not... it seems that there may be some "evil forces at work". I haven't started this novel yet but it's next!

Funny story about this book... M and I went to the library after school today. She picked up the holds and this was one of them. What's so funny? I have absolutely no memory of putting this on hold. I even checked the hold paper to make sure it was mine...it was! I must have read about somewhere on the 'net and placed it on hold. It is getting positive reviews so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I just wish I remembered putting it on hold :o)


This post is my 200th blog post! I really love writing on this blog. More than that, though, I love the blogging community... more specifically, the book blogging community. What an amazing find! I love the reviews, the memes (I'm still not sure how this word is pronouced) but, mostly I love the bloggers' "voice". I don't know about you, but when I read a blog... I really hear a distict voice for each author. That's not to say I'm hearing voices...lol!

I'm excited that I have a lot of new followers. Thank you for following me, by the way! I get a happy little jolt each time I open my dashboard and see that number rise.

3 comments:

Karen in Texas said...

I've told you before Kathy you always find the best books. LOL. The book above sounds really good and I would have picked it up for the cover alone. I'm going to have to look for this one too.

Anonymous said...

The book blogging community is amazing isn't it? Congratulations on 200 posts. Now you make me want to check how many I've got ;)

Lori said...

Congrats on the 200th post! You go girl!

I'm trying to jump back in this week. I actually updated my blog tonight (don't LOL at me) and I'm going to keep working at it.

Anyway, I'm jumping in on Teaser Tuesday even though it's Thursday. Close enough.....

"I felt we weren't talking about my mother's illness anymore. Suddenly uncomfortable, I took a step back. " I really need to get home now..." Page 27 of The Girl on Legare Street by Karen White.