Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Birger Vanger was waiting for him when he came out. He stopped him by laying a hand on his shoulder."
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Stieg Larsson
page 348

I think I am the last person to read this book. Well, me and the other girls in my book club. Our book club meets next Thursday and I just started it tonight. I'm excited to read it. Although, I do it with a little trepidation. It, sometimes, seems that when I read the "it" book, the book that every one else is reading or has read, I don't like it. I'm not sure if it's been "spoiled" for me by so many people (both those I know and reviews, etc) telling me how wonderful it is or if it's the book "rebel" in me that doesn't want to like something so mainstream. Maybe it's just "women's fiction" that does it to me but I can think of a few titles/authors that I just don't "get". Jodi Picoult, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Eat, Pray. Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and pretty much anything recommended by Oprah are just a few examples. Yes, there are some exceptions but I think I like the reading niche I've carved for myself. It gives me great joy when I recommend a new author and my friend(or even someone who reads my blog) ends up really enjoying their books.


I realized that I hadn't posted a bag picture for a few days. ACK... lol! Since it's most definitely summer in the Rockies, I've made an effort to use my summer bags! I love the pops of color that they provide to my summer wardrobe. Having said that, though, I carried a beige Dooney & Bourke bag today :D It's one of my favorite styles as I also have it in denim. I would love to have it in black but, then again, I have so many black bags...

My friend, Lori, is back to blogging, after having taken a break. I'm always excited to read her blog. She's funny, loves to read, has great kids and is a little sracastic... which I love! If you haven't read her blog, plese check her out... http://lori-thequeensnewthrone.blogspot.com/ I think you'll enjoy her take on life!

Speaking of Lori's blog, another Lori... Lori at http://www.lorisreadingcorner.com/ has brought it to our attention that June 15th is National Give a Girlfriend a Book Day. Make a girlfriend super happy - give her a book on June 15th! What a great day!! To celebrate, head over to her blog for a great giveaway!

No comments: