Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No More Braces

J had his braces taken off today. He started wearing them in January 2008. He now has perfectly straight teeth! He looks so handsome. I'm happy that he's starting high school without braces. Those cute little Freshman girls won't know what hit them when he smiles at them :D

He was fitted for a retainer during the morning appointment when the braces were removed. Later that day, we returned for that fitting. I just assumed it would be wire retainers (you know, like I wore back in the Stone Age :D), but it is actually a clear plastic mouth guard for both his top and bottom teeth. He has to wear it 14-16 hours a day. The ortho basically told him to wear it all the time except at school. I love that! Now, I don't have to worry that he'll throw it away at lunch... like some of his friends have.

So, here we are with no monthly ortho appointment or payment. At least for a while... until M has to get her braces!

Speaking of M, she is at her Outdoor Education camp. She left on Monday and is having a blast! How do I know this? Let's just say I love technology. One of the teachers set up a website to post pictures, post kids' blogging about what they're doing as well as their(the teachers) observations about the kids. I love being able to see what she's doing at 7700 feet. Otherwise, I'd have to rely on the pictures she's taking... which, knowing my almost-12-year-old daughter, will all be of her cabin mates during "bunkhouse" time.


I carried my fuschia hobo purse today. This is one of the three that I bought that are the same style. I actually bought a fourth bag (it was ridiculously marked down) in yellow but ended up giving it to a friend. I didn't think I'd use a yellow bag. Now, it seems that yellow is the "it" color for summer handbags. I see yellow bags everywhere!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Kathy,
what a sweet post this is. You J must be handsome for sure.... and this purse is pretty!!

Ruth