
Do signed copies excite you? Tempt you? Delight you? Or does it not matter to you?
I LOVE signed copies! Because it means that I've met the author. There's nothing better, to me, than having met the author of a book/series I love or a new author whom I have recently discovered. It's like going to a concert. If I love a group's music, why wouldn't I want to see them live? Same thing with an author... hearing an author read words that they have written is music to my ears :D The signed book is like the ticket stub... a memory of a great meeting!
If you read my blog, you have read about some of the authors I've seen... most recently Robin Oliveira. I've also met Elizabeth George, Jacqueline Winspear, Craig Johnson, Ed McBain, Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton, Bill Pronzini, Diana Gabaldon, Robert Spiller and Pamela Clare... just to name a few. I've actually left out some authors who I've met and didn't like :D

I have a beautiful barrister bookcase in my living room that is specifically for my signed books as well as some special first editions... including a first edition copy of Gone With The Wind that was my grandmother's.

I didn't carry a purse today as I've been sick all day. I haven't been out of my pajamas all day. I started to feel better about two hours ago and I'm hoping I feel 100% by tomorrow. We have to pick up M at her Outdoor Education camp and I really want to go. Each group does a presentation about what they learned this week for their parents. There's also a picnic lunch and a tour of the camp. She's very excited to have us come up and I don't want to disappoint her. So, I'll go to bed early and, hopefully, sleep it away.

2 comments:
((Kathy)) I hope you're better by now. I love the bookcase you keep your treasures in. It's beautiful. I'd take a picture of mine but its just a box. LOL. ;) Hope I gave you a chuckle.
I love signed copies!! Right now they have a special shelf, but I have the perfect bookcase when I collect a few more. I've met Diana Gabaldon too. Didn't she make you feel smarter just by listening to her talk? :)
I know that you haven't received the book you won and I'm sorry about that. I wanted to put in a little something extra, but I can't find it. If I can't locate it by Monday I'm mailing the book anyway :)
Post a Comment