
I saw this on Lori's blog and thought I'd do it, too. I actually did it yesterday, without even knowing, when I blogged about "Murder on Waverly Place" by Victoria Thompson. So, I will do my "Waiting On Wednesday" about a book I'm on the library's waiting list waiting for. Wow, that's a lot of "waiting" in one sentence :o)

One of the greatest things about blogging is finding out about great new books. A lot of the blogs I've read lately have been saying great things about this novel. I love family sagas especially ones set in the 19th-early 20th century. It's getting great reviews on Amazon so I can't wait to read it.
What is the saying..."God laughs when you make plans"? I know it's generally reserved for life changing plans but it was very much in evidence today. J was spending the night with J's parents and M was sleeping over at my Mom's. So, I made dinner plans with D. We only see each other every six weeks or so. We live about fifty miles apart, so we meet halfway. It's always so nice to see her. We have a leisurely dinner and just talk. There was snow predicted for the rush hour but I had no idea it would be a blizzard. It came on in, literally, ten minutes. I went from driving in cloudy weather to not being able to see the car in front of me. I called D and cancelled. It was that bad. J was being picked up at my Mom's house but his overnight was cancelled, too as it was just too bad to pick him up. So, both kids are with my Mom and I'm alone. As nice as that sounds, I would much rather be dining with D but what can you do? Well, I made some banana bread and will have piece later tonight when I watch the series finale of "Life on Mars" and be very sad...not only about the end of a GREAT show but that I missed seeing my friend.

I can't really say I carried a purse today as I never went anywhere...I had to turn around and come home. The bag that sat in my car, though, was my Dooney & Bourke Medallion satchel. It looked fantastic with my red blouse, black jeans, black boots and black & red chandelier earrings. Sadly, the only people to see it were the kids and my Mom...fashion police, they aren't!

1 comment:
As always, love the bag! The quiet night sounds like a good back up plan. And banana bread and a book always go good together! I have a few new ideas for the blog and of course am busy reading all those other blogs I keep finding. Just another wonderful addiction!
Post a Comment