Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teaser Tuesday, Deadliest Catch & Decadent Desserts

I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

I'm excited to use "Galway Bay" by Mary Pat Kelly as my Teaser. I finally picked it up at the library the other day. I'm not too far into it but it's as good as I had hoped.

"Thousands lined up every day to go through the torturous process. Hundreds never reached the soup caulron-sent away when the official closed distribution at sunset."
page 198
Galway Bay

These sentences make me sad. Although I know the book is set during Irish Potato Famine, it's difficult to read things like this.

We watched the season premiere of Deadliest Catch tonight. We love that show. Our favorite captains are Sig and Phil. I don't eat a lot of crab, but whenever we go to Red Lobster, I think about those guys. They earn every single penny they make...it really is the deadliest job! My favorite thing about the show...the opening sequence. It has the BEST theme song :o)



J and I went to buffet for lunch today. It's probably the best buffet, outside of Vegas, that we go to. I don't eat a lot of desserts, but at this buffet, I definitely do. Okay, I probably shouldn't admit to this, but it was so decadent. I had two chocolate covered strawberries, a caramel apple and as we were leaving, cotton candy. Wow, I'm surprised I'm not in a sugar coma.


I carried a very plain brown suede hobo shoulder bag. Nothing too exciting but it matches the shirt I wore and the lining looks like a striped Oxfrd shirt. I've said it before but it's those little things that make me love a bag.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ok, here you go.....

Dad and I left Lighthouse Island without seeing any ghosts but I'm okay with that. I've already seen enough ghosts to last my entire life.
Page 24 The Memory of Water by Karen White.

This book is really good so far and I"m only on the 4th chapter. I like the way it's written, the story is told by each character. And I'm dying to know what all the mystery and accident talk is about!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Have you ever read Angela's Ashes? Those quotes reminded me of that book...so sad.

Karen in Texas said...

I had two chocolate covered strawberries, a caramel apple and as we were leaving, cotton candy.


LOL! My kind of girl. I miss some sweets. I can't remember when I last had cotton candy.

Kathy said...

I've not read Angela's Ashes. I've heard great things about it but, since it's a memoir, I think it would just be too sad to read.