Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2 of 30


I took a picture of the bag I carried today with my phone. However, my phone isn't really phone. It's my son's old phone. Huh? My phone that I absolutely love stopped holding a charge. It's an older model that I bought brand new on Ebay. I love the color but I the flip up QWERTY keyboard is perfect for texting. And with a teenage son and a tween daughter, I do a lot of texting!


I took it to my "guy" at Verizon... thinking it was a dead battery or a bad wall charger. Sadly, it was a bad charger port :( I was told that I could buy a battery charger (charging the battery as opposed to the phone itself). So, again from Ebay, I ordered one. In the meantime, though, I had to use J's old phone. It's an LG Venus. It's a fantastic phone except it doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard so texting is kind of a pain. But... I, like most people now, need (well, not really... want is a better word) my phone so I switched my number for a while. I hope the battery charger works... like I said, I love my phone. If it doesn't... well, it's back to Ebay. I'm buying another one. I looked at the Verizon store but all the phone with a keyboard require a data plan. I know most of you are probably phone "geeks" (I mean that in the nicest way) and have the latest and greatest smartphone but, honestly... I don't want all that. I know I'll probably change my mind at some point but, for now, I just want a phone, a camera and a QWERTY keyboard.


So... getting back to my bag... lol... it's a silver/black/grey patchwork hobo with criss-cross stitching. It reminds me of the patchwork bags of the 1970s but with a trendy edge to it. It has a whipstitch handle that is very reminiscent of Balenciaga handbags... only I paid NOWHERE near what a Bbag sells for.

1 comment:

West Coast Beach Wife said...

Verrrrrry chic for a hobo bag! It looks like it could match a lot of outfits with class. I'm sorry about the phone drama. If it helps, I have the original iPhone. I love it, but dernnit, I'm 3 phones behind! ;-) -Wesite