Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 14 of 30




"Idina, glowing, at the front of the crowd on the station platform, watched Euan walk toward her. His cap was straight, shoulders still square, feet stepping briskly forward."
page 70
The Bolter
Frances Osborne

I received an email from the library that this book was in. Funny thing, though, I didn't remember what it was about. After I googled it, I remembered having read about it on another blog. I'm not that far into it as I've been reading books that I will review at a later date. This book is not what I expected and it is a little slower than I want it to be. Honestly, I'm not sure if I will finish it. Idina Sackville, the book's subject, has been "immortalized" in various fiction and I might read one of those instead.


My handbag today was my very big red shoulderbag. It was a birthday gift from my friend, D. She was the first friend I made in college. We sat next to each other in our first class on the first day and have been friends ever since. Her birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating this Friday night. I'm really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I have a very red handbag as well but you've got great memories attached to that bag. Have a great birthday celebration on Friday.

~Bonnie