
There comes a day whenever I do this "blog every day for a month" posting that I have nothing to write about. Well, guess what? Today's that day. I read some blogs for inspiration but nothing really struck me.
So, I'm going to post three things about me and, hopefully, I haven't said them before.

1. I am loving this new lip product from Bath & Body Works... Dark Kiss. While I'm still on the fence regarding the body care scent, this lip gloss is WONDERFUL!! Like most women, I have tons of lip products, but keep going back to my "old stand-bys". I think this will become one of those. It has everything, great taste and smell, just enough gloss and it's not sticky! Perfection!
2. I've posted a few book reviews from books sent to me from either publishers or authors. While I've been very lucky and honestly enjoyed these novels and given positive reviews, I'm starting to think about how I will review a book I don't like while still being honest and not "snarky". I've turned down requests for books in genres I don't like. I'm afraid there will be a book that sounds great, the cover looks great yet I just don't like it. I always inform the person sending the book that I will write my honest feelings... good or bad. I've just not had to write the bad... yet. For those who review books... how do you write a review for a book you don't like?
3. I am getting excited for all the new fall shows. Next week is "premiere week". The ones I'm looking forward to are... Blue Bloods (Tom Selleck is just aging so perfectly), Outlaw (Jimmy Smits...ummm... yeah!), The Defenders (this looks funny but serious, too and how can you not love a show set in Vegas?), Mike and Molly (cute show but it's from Chuck Lorre who created Big Bang Theory and Two & A Half Men...love them both), Hawaii Five-O (loved the original and have very fond memories watching it with my Grammy). I'm sure there are more as I know I'll probably watch a lot of TV next week.

I carried my quilted black bag today. The chain handle is an odd (in a good way) color. It's not silver, not black not even grey but a mix. Because I always match the hardware on my bags to my jewlry, it's a good thing that I have earrings and bracelets in that same metal.

2 comments:
I have trouble just reviewing books in general. I'm sure you'll be able to give a review good or bad when the time comes Kathy. Call that bag charcoal, not black and not gray when it comes to the color charcoal. I'm looking forward to the new fall season too. Tonight is House. I haven't watched the last couple of seasons either. I want to see Mike and Mo too and then of course the old standbyes too. I need to go through the TV guide and write down what I want to see for sure be it old or new shows in fact.
It's difficult to write a negative review, especially if it's the author's first book. I had no problem coming down on a James Patterson book last week, but someone who reads everything everyone says? It's tough. But if you aren't honest then your blog kinda loses credibility. I try to choose the one or two worst things only and all the positive ones. I think you can still get your point across :) I rarely accept books from first timers anymore. I found more of them to be disappointing than good.
Post a Comment