Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Blog's First Anniversary


I'm so excited! Today is the first anniversary of my blog!

I wrote 115 blog posts during the first year. My goal, for the second year, will be to write at least 116. I'm even thinking about writing every day in February. It's a short month and considering I did it every day in July (one of the longer months), I think I can do it again.

I went back and read the two posts I wrote that day. I'm going to write two posts today, as well. There's an interesting question on "Booking Through Thursday" and I want to answer it. I have a great author who I want to share! I'm also going to carry another bag later today. So, I'll post a picture of that, too. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not... but, I carried the same bag today I carried that first day :o) Obviously, it's one of my favorites!

I have to say that I LOVE my blog's name! Before I started my blog, I read a lot of other blogs and was amused and impressed by their clever titles. So, I definitely wanted something that elicited the same response. The bags and books part of the title came very easily...no surprise there, really. I was resigned to the fact that I would have to title my blog something mundane like Kathy's Bags & Books when I was driving back from dropping M at school the day I started the blog. I just couldn't think of anything clever and that really encompassed me. Fate stepped in and Bon Jovi started playing on the radio... and to make it even better, it was their iconic..."Livin' On A Prayer". The clouds parted and the angels sang...well, not really! But I knew exactly what the blog title would be! How COMPLETELY me...Bags, Books & Bon Jovi... it's my three favorite things and (I think) it's pretty darn clever!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy reading yours. If you have any great ideas for my February blog posts, please let me know. Even though, it's a short month.. I'll probably still get stuck for things to blog about.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks!

I've been having trouble reading your blog if I read it through AOL. If I read it through IE, there aren't any problems.

Anonymous said...

I love books, bags, and most certainly Jon! I look forward to every one of your 116 posts :)

Kathy said...

Thanks, Stacy :o)
I appreciate your kind words.