What is your policy when it comes to new authors? Do you feel comfortable purchasing a book or do you prefer to borrow new authors from the library? How often do you 'try out' a new author?
I love to find new authors but I don't usually buy hardbacks of authors I've never heard of. That's what libraries are for :o) There are a few exceptions, though. If we've chosen a new author for book club, I might purchase the hardback if I can't get a library copy in time. That said, both my book clubs tend not to choose new authors whose books are only in hardback. I will also buy a new author's hardback if someone whose reading tastes are similar to my own, recommends it. However, that person has, often, already bought the book and will loan it to me. Problem solved!
I don't mind trying new authors in paperback. Price, obviously, being the main reason but I know that if I don't like it, I can always pass it on, knowing I'll never see it again. I'm sure that someone will appreciate the new author even if I don't.

Today, my purse was my Paisley tote bag . I hadn't carried it in quite a while and saw it, yesterday, in my purse closet. So, I decided I would carry it today. I wore a plain black sweater, blue jeans and black boots so the pattern on the bag was the "pop" my outfit needed.

1 comment:
LOVE the bag! I have a similar print, but it's not a tote/
Post a Comment