Monday, January 11, 2010

Books, Bags and Bon Jovi

Okay, so I scrambled my blog title a little bit....

I haven't really been reading a lot lately. Obviously, it's been quite stressful around here. I usually read before I go to sleep but, more often than not, I was asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.


I have found a novel that I am very excited to read. It is "Roses" by Leila Meacham. Publishers Weekly calls Roses an "enthralling stunner, a good old-fashioned read ... heralding the overdue return of those delicious doorstop epics from such writers as Barbara Taylor Bradford (A Woman of Substance) and Colleen McCullough (The Thorn Birds)".

I love epic family sagas. So, I put my name on the library waiting list. I try not to judge books by their cover but the cover is simply beautiful. I hope the novel lives up to all the hype. If you've read this, I'd love to hear your opinion.

I've missed blogging about my handbags. I had a rather funny handbag "mishap" the other day. I was walking through the Macy's handbag department (of course) on my way to a hair appointment when all of the sudden, I feel the front handle of my satchel break.
I couldn't even carry it properly. I had to carry it under my arm like a huge clutch :o) It was like my purse was punishing me for looking at other bags. Crazy, I know but the timing was just a little curious :o) It's at the shoe repair shop waiting to be picked up after being repaired.

I hadn't bought a bag in quite a while and went a little crazy in Target the other day. I bought two purses and have my eye on a third. I may just ask for it for my birthday. It's not that it's expensive...it's from Target, so no worries there. It's just that J&M want to buy a birthday gift and I don't want them to spend a lot of money. Win/win, I guess.


My bag today was one of my Target purchases. It is also the same bag I want for my birthday :o) I bought it in black and the one I want is a muted fuschia. I don't have a problem with having two bags in the same style but different color. As a matter of fact, I think it is very practical. If I find a bag I love, why not have it in different colors? I'm not carrying both at the same time. This bag is big and slouchy and even though it's not leather, it feels so soft. I added a Kathy Van Zeeland key fob to the zipper pull for a little extra "pizzazz".

And just so my post title makes sense, here's a picture of Jon...

4 comments:

Misfit said...

I read Roses in December, got it through Amazon Vine. Very good, not perfect and not quite up to a Susan Howatch or Celeste de Blasis type of epic saga, but still highly readable. I'm so surprised at the lack of buzz it's gotten in the HF community.

Kathy said...

Good to know!

Wow, I had almost forgotten about Susan Howatch and Celeste de Blasis. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to re-read one of those!

Anonymous said...

I really want to read this one! I love the epic family dramas.
And, yes, I think your handbag was telling you something :)

Kathy said...

Stacy~


I was B&N today and read the first 5 or so pages. I'm even more excited to read it. I was thisclose :o) to buying it. I decided, though, to ask for it for my birthday which is in about three weeks.