Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book Club Chatter & Daughtry Tickets


Jo-Jo at jo-jolovestoread.blogspot.com hosts Book Club Chatter every week.

The question this week is... "Does your group that meets in person usually meet at one of your members homes or a public location? And how do you decide where you are meeting?"

I belong to two book clubs. The first is a group that specifically discusses mysteries. It is sponsored by Barnes & Noble so we meet at the bookstore once a month. They reserve the reading area for us and, usually, provide our drinks. I like meeting there because we have instant access to books. Like most book clubs, our discussions are not limited to the book we're reading. We also discuss what we are reading outside of the book club. It's nice to go to the shelf and look at the book someone else is reading.

My other book group has been whittled (love that word!) down to just three of us. Because we live on opposite ends of the metro area, it's easiest to meet somewhere that is central to all of us. We have been meeting at different restaurants. We've even had servers who've read the discussion book and offer opinions :o)

M has been trying to win Daughtry tickets on a local radio station. Because she's eleven, I had to make the call. We've been trying since Monday. Every time I got thriough, they already had a winner. Today, though, there wasn't a winner when I got through but, sadly, we guessed the wrong songs. We ket trying and, I think the DJ wanted to give them to us. He kept giving us hints but when we called in with the correct songs, he had a winner. M is so bummed but more determined than ever to win those tickets. Wish us luck!

Daughtry opened for Bon Jovi when I saw them and closed their set with "Home". I love that song!

2 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Thanks for taking part this week and I totally am going to be hoping and praying for you to win those tickets! I saw Daughtry with Bon Jovi in 2008 and it was an amazing show. Now I am revved up and ready to go see Bon Jovi in april...Rock on! lol

Kathy said...

Thanks, Jo-Jo!

I'm taking M to see Bon Jovi when they're here in March!

She's my little rocker chick. She loves 80s Hair Bands :o)