Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

"Out in the corridor, we didn't look at one another. Nobody made a any move to go back to the incident room."
page 355
large print edition
In The Woods
Tana French

I'm kind of cheating with this novel. I'm reading it at home but I'm also listening to it in my car. That way, I can still finish it before book club and not feel guilty about not reading it at home, if I don't want to. Like I've said before, I've not heard great things about this book but, so far, it's not horrible. I would not read past page 100 if it wasn't for book club, though. It's a little confusing. The narrative has shifted a few times and I'm finding it distracting.

My bag today was a beige Dooney & Bourke Sac. I have this style in this beige as well as denim and I LOVE them! The denim bag is a little slouchier than the beige one. This bag hold its shape pretty well and, of course, it's big. I love how it sits under my arm. I haven't carried it a lot lately as I kind of feel like it's a summer bag. Well, today was 93°... that qualifies as summer in my book.

I'm watching "Night at the Museum" on FX. I'm not a Ben Stiller fan(at all) but this movie is so fun. We will definitely see the new one but not until next week... after the kids are out of school.

6 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm not big on bags at all, but that one is cute!

Jennifer Taylor said...

We still haven't seen that movie. My husband is thinking of renting it.

Kathy said...

Jennifer~

You definitely should rent it. It's a fun movie. I think you'd like it.

Karen in Texas said...

We'll be seeing it at the movies in a couple of weeks too. We're seeing Star Trek this weekend and my nephew is going to take the kids to see Hannah Montana since he already saw Star Trek. It's time to get caught up on the movies that we absolutely have to (ok, want to) see at the movies. LOL.

Lori said...

I'm curious to see what you think of the book. Wasn't one of my favorites but every board I went to was raving about it. Maybe I just missed it. It didn't make me want to run out and read more of her books either.

Kathy said...

Lori~

I'll definitely let you know what I think. Right now, about 100 pages in, it's OK...nothing, IMO, to rave about. We'll see.