Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

"And so he looked upom the remainder of his days as a cruel life sentence to endure. He could not go back and undo the event of his birth."
page 163
Widow of Larkspur Lane
The Gresham Chronicles Book One
Lawana Blackwell


I found this book and two other books in the series at the Friends of the Library bookstore. They are "feel good" reads... you know, books that will be a fast, easy read and don't require a great deal of thought. I love this kind of novel. I usually read one after I've read something a little more thought-provoking.

According to her website, the author has written this series..."Newly widowed and forced from her London home, Julia Hollis and her three children flee for their only place of refuge—an abandoned coaching inn still owned by her family at the outskirts of the small dairy village of Gresham. Without resources otherwise, Julia chooses to turn the inn into a lodging house for affluent men and women seeking an escape from the city. Her adjustment to country life is sometimes difficult, sometimes humorous, but soon you’ll be just as charmed as Julia is with the citizens of this sleepy town. From the elderly busybody down the lane to the charming vicar to the new schoolmarm, the population is filled with engaging personalities you’ll treasure knowing."

There is also The Tales of London series..."This series by Lawana Blackwell revels in the life and times of Victorian England, taking readers from an orphanage where devoted workers do their best to offer lonely children a good life to the elegant Mayfair district where a widow with a secret attempts to right a wrong. Entering the lives of the servants and wealthy alike, the series is romantic, humorous, and compassionate. It offers readers a glimpse at the power of grace and the hope and joy that come through an understanding of redemption."

If the Gresham Chronicles are as good as I hope they will be, I will definitely read that series, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very sad teaser! It isn't 'feel good' at all. Hope you are enjoying it.

Karen in Texas said...

I'm going to look for the Tales of London series Kathy. They sound like my kind of read. The Gresham Chronicles sound really good too. Here lately I'm all about family sagas and series books.

Kathy said...

Me, too! I love family sagas. if you find any other good ones, let me know.

Kathy said...

You're right, Stacy. I've not read that far so I don't even know who that character is. I thought about that after I posted it. I hope there is a happy ending for him.

Lori said...

Sounds like an interesting series! Let me know how you guys like it, maybe I'll give it a try.