
I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

"Florence and Warren brought in a fresh pot of coffee and a large plate of sugar cookies. Betsy knelt on the floor and poured coffee for everyone as she and Ted kept talking about their experience at Time."
page 94
Fast Copy
Dan Jenkins

I found this book in the Friends of the Library bookstore with the first cover. I was definitely intrigued but being the financially responsible (read...cheap...lol) person that I am, I went to the stacks to find it. The library edition had the white cover. Honestly, I judged this book by its cover. Had I seen the white cover first, I probably would not have even picked it up. It's interesting, though, Texas during the Depression.

I pulled out another "vintage" Dooney bag today. It's an iconic Dooney color... British Tan. It's so small, compared to what I now normally carry. I could only fit my wallet, keys, phone and, of course, my ever-present chapstick. I know that is what most women carry in their bags but I'm old-fashioned I still carry a day planner. I have a "smart phone" but cannot bring myself to use the calendar in it. I know I should but I would feel completely lost without my planner.

3 comments:
I'm with you on the cover judging. I was going to comment on how much I liked the first cover better and never would have bothered with it if the second cover is what I saw firt.
I'd be lost without the planner too. But I always add things to my cell phone calendar too. I have a lot of time on my hands so I update both daily. LOL
I'm still recovering from my 4 1/2 hours at the voting booth yesterday and a plate full of sugar cookies and coffee sounds wonderful :)
Let me know how Fast Copy is Kathy. Did I tell you I saw a Dooney bag similar to the one you posted for today at Goodwill for $24. I would bet its fake. What's the tell on them? If its not fake then I'd definitely get it but I don't want to spend that much money for a fake of course.
Post a Comment