
I've seen this on several book blogs and thought I'd participate.
Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?
I am most definitely a book glutton :o) I've even worked in and managed a bookstore.
Having said that, though, I try... lol... to only buy books that I know I will love and want to keep to re-read. That means I generally only buy hardbacks by authors who I love. If it's a hardback by a debut author or a new-to-me author, I will check it out at my library. However, paperbacks are a different story... pun intended :o) I don't feel like it's a big loss if I don't like it. I will just pass it on. Because my reading tastes are pretty varied, I can always find a friend who might like it. If not, they can pass it on or donate it. I've been toying with the idea of a Kindle but not being able to pass books on, is making me think twice.
As for "only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?"... I think that would send me into a tizzy (I love that word and don't often have a chance to use it. So, I will now!). Like most book gluttons, I have a huge TBR pile. I can't imagine only buying (or checking out) books when I have run out of things to read. I've even trained my kids to have a TBR pile :o) I have a dedicated section in my day planner for book titles. Yes, I'll admit... I have written down titles at the bookstore to check out at the library. I also have my library's website in my favorites. Since I have discovered book blogs, I am constantly finding intriguing titles. A few clicks and it's on hold for me...my virtual TBR pile!

I carried a very simple black leather hobo bag. Three fabulous things about it... a great braided strap, a turquoise satin lining and, the best... I paid $24.99 for it at TJ Maxx! A great bag is a great bag but getting a great deal makes it even better!

6 comments:
I'm a book hog! I have a pile from the library and a pile that are my books. I never run out of books. I'm addicted to the library though, I'm not a buyer. I find books at flea markets and yard sales. I only go to B&N to browse and maybe for bookmarkers. LOL I keep a notebook in my pocketbook too with all the authors & books I want to read, most are suggestions from book boards and blog. I did have them written in my dayplanner but there wasn't enough room. I've officially become a complete book nerd. I got my HP Mini Notebook for Mothers Day and I have made my special book logs on my notebook. So I have all my books right at my finger tips no matter where I am. I get a rush out of reserving books on my library site and LOVE when I get the emails telling me my books are in! LOL I open them before any of my other emails.
It's an addiction and I'm learning to live with it. Actually, I'm enjoying living with it. I don't want to be cured.
I like the idea of a Kindle too, but am just too much of a book fiend! I didn't realize were an ex-bookstore manager. How long did you last? It took about 5 years for me to need a break from customers :) I'd love to go back now though.
I worked at B. Dalton for about five years. I was a manager for about two years. One of my favorite things were the ARCs :o) I'd really like to receive ARCs and be able to review them on my blog...any ideas?
Like you, I'd love to go back...but only part-time.
Lori~~
This is why we're friends! With the exception of the Notebook, I feel the same way. Getting an email from the library is the BEST :o)
I just can't wrap my head around the Kindle. And the price of it is what will keep me from even trying. LOL I'd rather spend that kind of money on other things. I would miss having a book in my hands, pocketbook, car and that huge pile next to my bed. I would miss books in so many ways and being able to download them wouldn't do it for me. I'm too old fashioned when it comes to my hobbies. LOL
Lori~
I'm starting to think about the Kindle for magazine and newspaper subscriptions. I'm like you...I like having the physical book with me.
Post a Comment