

I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

"This made the third time in two weeks that Veronica had gotten huge hunks of secret grand-jury testimony into a story. Each time, the U.S. attorney demanded to know how she had done it."
Rogue Island
Bruce DeSilva
page 27
This is our February mystery book club selection. It won Mystery Writers of America's prestigious Edgar Award in the best first novel category. In the dedication, he talks about a note from Evan Hunter(real name of one of the greatest crime fiction authors, Ed McBain) encouraging him to turn a short story, Malice, into this novel.
So, I was excited to read this mystery... I LOVE Ed McBain... read this post...http://bagsbooksandbonjovi.blogspot.com/2010/05/silver-saturday-spotlight.html Let's just say, right now... at page 69, I'm a little underwhelmed. It's good, not great. I hope it gets better but it's a fast read so I'll stick with it. I'm interested in discussing at book club and hearing what everyone else thinks. We have fantastic discussions and they're even better when when there are varied opinions.

No comments:
Post a Comment