
I have been on a quest for the olive green purse. I have one which I like... don't love, though. It's suede so I don't wear it in the summer and there are two front pockets... which I don't really like. So, I'm on the hunt for a new one that I can wear any season. I have the perfect olive green shirt and matching accessories so the bag is a must :D
I have checked Ebay every day as well as other online and brick & mortar stores. Could not find anything that I loved for a price I am willing to pay. Today, it dawned on me that I had not been to TJ Maxx. I had a few minutes before book club tonight so I went shopping... and walked out with the perfect handbag at a really great price! Only there's a slight issue.... it's not olive green or any shade of green, actually. It's black with gold hardware. That wouldn't be an issue but I have two almost identical bags... black satchels with gold hardware... including the one I carried yesterday. I love it, though! It is embossed and has a lot of gold hardware and side zippers with tassels. I even took the tags off and carried it to book club.

Speaking of book club... everyone enjoyed the book... except me. I didn't read it! Even though it was a fast, fun read (according to what was said about it), I just didn't get to it. No worries, though... we're not a group that takes attendance or requires that the book is read. We do, however, discuss every aspect of the book, including the ending. So, it's up to each person if they want to join the discussion. I've found that if I haven't read the book, listening to the discussion actually adds to my enjoyment of it. Yes, I may know "who dunnit" but I might also pick up on something I may missed if it weren't for a comment I heard.

2 comments:
I am not generally a bag person but I do LOVE Dooney & Burke bags and will occasionally fork over the $ for one (or beg my MIL because she loves me). I am currently loving this one: http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=55247&minisite=10020&respid=22372&dbdcc=SCMOSCMO
I would get it in black or brown but they do have one in moss green (not sure how close that is to olive...).
Good luck on your quest to find the perfect bag. I have the problem too where I find one and love it except for 1 or 2 little things..
Dooney & Bourke are my favorite handbags! I probably have between 20-30. I'm actually carrying one today.
I hope you get that Florentine bag... it's GORGEOUS and will last forever!
Post a Comment