Monday, January 16, 2012

Musing Monday



Musing Monday is hosted by MizB at
Today's musing... "What devices –if any– do you read books on? Do you find it enjoyable, or still somewhat bothersome? Or: If you only read the print books, why haven’t you chosen to read on any devices?"

I actually have three ereaders... a Literati that I won in a contest, a Pandigital novel that was a birthday gift and a Kindle 4 that I purchased to travel with to Germany.

I think ereaders are great devices but I will never, ever give up "real" books. My main love of ereaders is the portability. I love being able to carry a smaller device in my bag and still be able to read that 800+ page tome that I'm reading. Yes, I usually carry big handbags but it's still nice when it doesn't weigh more than a toddler.

The Pandigital is really more than an ereader...it's a tablet! So, I can surf the web, read email and read books all in one nifty little device. One of my favorite things is to eat lunch by myself at Panera... I usually do it once a week or so. It's easier to read a book on an ereader there than trying to keep the book open while I enjoy my broccoli cheese soup and Greek salad.

As you may or may not know, I love accessories! So, it's no wonder that ereader covers are my new favorite thing! My husband actually made a custom cover for the Literati. I was looking at ereader covers on Etsy and found some that used real dust jackets. So, DH made one for me. He used a dust jacket of a book with a gorgeous cover. I love it because no one else has the same one and it looks like a real book! I found a really cute black faux croc cover at Kohl's for the Pandigital and a bright red one for the Kindle.

What are your thoughts on ereaders? Tell me here or leave your link at MizB's blog!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I've resisted the ereader for awhile, but I'm considering coming over to the dark side and asking for one for my birthday. Its so tough because I love books so much. I'm also a gadget lover...