Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Albert Nobbs




From IMDB... "Glenn Close plays a woman passing as a man in order to work and survive in 19th century Ireland. Some thirty years after donning men's clothing, she finds herself trapped in a prison of her own making."

I had not heard of this film until Glenn Close was nominated for Best Actress. I cannot tell you how much this story touched me! Albert Nobbs, the film but, more importantly... the character will stay with me for a long time! I really hope she wins the Academy Award for this.

Her portrayal of Albert Nobbs was so understated but with such depth of emotion that I have a hard time reconciling she's the same actress who boiled the bunny.

1 comment:

Passages to the Past said...

Oh yay, I am so glad that you liked this movie - I really want to see it, Glenn Close is an amazing actress!