

So... I finally saw the American version today. I watched the original Swedish version about a year ago.
I liked them both but Noomi Rapace (the original Lisbeth) was more like the Lisbeth I envisioned as I read. On the flip side, I thought Daniel Craig was a better Mikael Blomkvist.
I'm happy that I had read the book before I saw either movie. It is a very layered story that neither film could accurately capture. So, to have read it, I understood things that were alluded to or just left out of the films. The ending of the American version was not what I expected as it was completely different than the book & the original Swedish version. Had I not read the book, it would have been a satisfactory ending. Honestly, though... it was a little disconcerting. I preferred the things were "wrapped up" in the book. I knew immediately who was sending the pictures to Henrik.
I guess all three (the novel and both film versions) had their strengths and weaknesses, but, as it should be... the book triumphs in the end.


I carried my Vera Wang black satchel tote. I have had this bag for quite a while and just love it! I seriously wish I had it in other colors! I do carry a lot and everything fits in perfectly with room left over. I carry a big bag to the movies as I always have a book (or now my Kindle or tablet) to keep busy if I'm waiting on someone. Although, today... they arrived first and saved a seat for me. Good thing, too... the theater was packed! We chose to go today, thinking that it would less busy as the holidays are over. I guess everyone else had the same idea!

3 comments:
I really need to read these books this year!
Oh I love that bag! I have an affinity for large black, classic bags and that Vera Wang one is perfect!
I have not watched either version yet but loved all the books...and enjoyed researching about Stieg Larsson too - his life reads like one of his books!
Agree - I liked Rapace over Mara, infinitely so. And most of the rest of the cast too.
Popped over as part of the Book Blogger Hop.
Let It Read
Post a Comment