I hope you enjoyed Part One of Titanic 2012.
I have to say that, while I'm not obsessed with the Titanic, it captures my attention... especially today, the 100th anniversary of the sinking.
Of course, we all know the tragedy that is the Titanic. SPOILER ALERT... the ship sinks. That said, Titanic 2012 is a creative "retelling" coupled with a contemporary plot line. I knew he was a great author... I reviewed A Note From an Old Acquaintance (read my review here... ) so I was most intrigued to see how Mr. Walker would weave these two together. The end result was exciting and well-paced.
While the Titanic herself can be a character in some stories of the tragedy, Mr. Walker is skilled at really focusing on the human stories... creating situations and dialogue that make the novel. Yes, the "mystery" of the new Titanic is compelling but, I found myself reading this to see how the relationships develop and how they played out against the tragedy.
If all that is Titanic... the human tragedy as well as the innovative ways that scientists are discovering some of her century-old secrets that led to her sinking in the North Atlantic's icy waters... intrigues you, Titanic 2012 is a novel that will give a new perspective to a story we all thought we knew.
~~Thanks again to Bill Walker and Cheryl at Partners In Crime Tours (http://www.partnersincrimetours.net/) for sending a copy of Titanic 2012 in exchange for my honest and thoughtful review.~~

3 comments:
Kathy: Thank you for your kind review. It's very much appreciated.
Wonderful review!! Thank you for the great job with all the posts!!
I remember hearing about this book when I reviewed A Note From an Old Acquaintance (that seems like ages ago). When I began seeing all the tweets about The Titanic last week I was reminded of this book and how much I wanted to read it. It sounds like it is just as good as I remember it sounding back then. I'll have to pick it up. So glad that you reviewed it.
Post a Comment