
I am so happy that Java is back with her Follow "Friday 40 and Over". Head over to her blog... and connect with other over 40 bloggers!
If you're new to Bags, Books & Bon Jovi... thanks for stopping by! As my blog title states, three of my favorite things are Bags, Books &, of course, Bon Jovi! Although, lately, I've been blogging more about books and not so much about bags! I must remedy this!
That said, though, it's late, I'm in my jammies and I don't feel like getting purse out of the car to take a picture. Today, I carried a large tan faux ostrich bag. I bought it at Charlotte Russe and get so many compliments when I carry it! I know matching shoes and bags isn't "fashion forward" but, sometimes, I like to do it. This bag looks fantastic with a pair of boots I wore today.
To continue the theme of my blog... I'm reading (and listening to) Dissolution by CJ Sansom... "The brilliant debut of a new historical series starring Matthew Shardlake, “the sharpest hunchback in the courts of England”
Exciting and elegantly written, Dissolution is an utterly compelling first novel and a riveting portrayal of Tudor England. The year is 1537, and the country is divided between those faithful to the Catholic Church and those loyal to the king and the newly established Church of England. When a royal commissioner is brutally murdered in a monastery on the south coast of England, Thomas Cromwell, Henry VIII’s feared vicar general, summons fellow reformer Matthew Shardlake to lead the inquiry. Shardlake and his young protégé uncover evidence of sexual misconduct, embezzlement, and treason, and when two other murders are revealed, they must move quickly to prevent the killer from striking again."... from the author's website. It's my book club's selection for May. I am listening to the CD in my car and reading the book at home. I am loving it and am so happy that it's the first in a series.
And what would a blog titled Bags, books & Bon Jovi be without a picture of Jon?!? I know I've posted this before but it's one of my very favorites...

No comments:
Post a Comment