Monday, March 15, 2010

Bookmarks


It's Bookmark Day hosted by Monica at http://www.bibliophilicbookblog.com/ Head over to her blog and check out some incredible bookmarks as well as fun giveawys!


I thought I'd share some (really...these are just about half of what I have) of my bookmarks, too. As you can see, I have a slight problem... I LOVE bookmarks! I don't discriminate between ones I buy or the freebies I just pick up. If it catches my attention, I will use it. I also use cute postcards and fronts of greeting/birthday cards.

If you look closely at the picture, there are two of the same bookmarks... purses and shoes! They were each gifts from different friends, friends that know me all too well! Lori at http://lori-thequeensnewthrone.blogspot.com/ was one of those friends :D

There are also two bookmarks that I use only for bookclubs. The blue crocheted bookmark was a Christmas present from my purse-loving friend in my mystery book club. She made one for every one in the group. since there is not one crafty bone in my body, I gave out lotion... lol! The other bookclub bookmark (the one with the French girl riding a moped...Ooh La La!) was a gift from a woman in my other bookclub. She gave them to all of us the first night we met. That was July 2003. I've used it for every book we've read.

There are stories for most of the other ones, too. I try to coordinate my bookmarks with the books I read. There's an Inspector Lynley bookmark that use with the Elizabeth George books. There's a bookmark that I received from Stacy at Stacy's Bookblog http://stacybuckeye.wordpress.com/ I use that one when I read a book that I specifically found on a blog.

If you a bookmark aficionado, too, leave a comment for me. If you feel like it... blog about your bookmarks. Make sure to include pictures, if you can. Next time you're in line at the bookstore, look at the bookmarks. I'll bet there's one that catches your attention.


I carried a black quilted patent hobo bag today. Although, it's bright and sunny now, it was cloudy and gloomy this morning. This bag was the perfect choice as it's impervious to any rain but the texture and shine were, maybe, a prelude to the beautiful day that is Monday in Colorado :D

3 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm impressed that you keep up with them so well...I am a book mark LOSER!

Kathy said...

Did you see the one you sent me as well as the Florida postcard I still use as a bookmark :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found a good use for the bookmark I sent :)