
From Jennifer's blog..."In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!
RULES:
Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below
In your link, please state the main genre that you review: eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.
Example: Crazy-for-Books (contemp. adult fiction)
2. Post about the Hop on your blog. Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier! In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).
If you have a suggestion for a future HOP question, click here to fill out the form! Thanks!
This week's question comes from Ellie who blogs at Musings of a Bookshop Girl:
"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"
Great question!

I would first go to the cafe and get the largest frappucino or blended ice coffee drink they have. I've given them up for Lent but since someone else is buying, it's okay... right...lol!
Then, I wander through the store enjoying said "frapp" and make my way to the mystery and the fiction section. I would check out what's new in those sections, taking notes for later. After that, and, of course, still sipping on my drink, I'd head up to the front and pick up a Nook Color.
I'd "finally stagger to the till" (LOVE the turn of that phrase!!) and use Ellie's money and a gift card I received for my birthday to pay for it :DOh yeah... remember those notes I took earlier... I would then go back to the cafe, get yet another frappucino (lol... yeah, like I need that much caffeine, not to mention the billions of calories...lol) and download those titles to my new Nook Color! Doesn't get much better for a book lover, now does it?!?
Thanks for hopping by. Come back later as I will be posting my Friday meme... First Line Friday and please leave a comment so I can hop to your blog!

9 comments:
Gorgeous blog design - and I think your answer to my question this week is the most original I've come across yet! Not to mention making me REALLY fancy some coffee... ;-)
Ellie (Musings of a Bookshop Girl)
http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.com/)
Hi
Just hopping by and following through!
Oh see I didn't think of that - a Nook Color would be great!
Shelleyrae @ book'd Out
www.bookdout.wordpress.com
Hi, I am stopping over and following on the Follow Friday hop. I love the question for today!! $80 in a book store made me giggle, I can spend that in under a minute, book stores are evil temptresses for me and I can hear the siren song a mile away, come..........buy..........read. I would probably end up with a couple new hardcovers, a paperback or two from an old series I just discovered, an audio book to listen too while I exercise a Chi tea and an apple purse or scone to enjoy while reading (which I will later need to work off while listening to a book).
Following you on the hop. I too loved the hypothetical question. Would love for it to be actually true!
Hi! Just stopping by on the Hop.
DEF. buying a Frapp! I always make a quick trip to the in-store cafe. Always! Line is usually shorter and since i'm there why not buy one? haha
Have a great weekend :)
Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries
Hey - just hoppin by! Hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading! I have to admit that the coffee doesn't appeal - but I do love the smell of a coffee shop - Stop by The Wormhole and see what I think I would spend my money on!
Most of us just went for armfuls of books!
Great answer to the Q
carol
Interesting way to hide where to put the comments! Well, at least I figured it out. Love your answer to Ellie's question and the layout for your blog.
Come visit my blog if you get the chance -- I'm following you now!
http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-friday-time-to-blog-hop.html
Happy Weekend!
What a fun blog. I love bags and books. Bon Jovi - he is okay. I like his older songs from the 80s. Good luck giving up your frapps for Lent.
Post a Comment