Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April is NetGalley Month...YAY!


Emily at Red House Books has declared... "April to be - NETGALLEY MONTH! With prizes ;)
I've been talking about this on Twitter for the last couple of days so it's time for the 'official' post ;)
For those that don't know, NetGalley is a way for publishers to share their digital galleys securely to readers. Bloggers, librarians, booksellers -- TONS of people use NetGalley and I for won think it's brilliant!
I've been a member for a while now and because they are so very brilliant, I seem to have amassed a very large number of galleys that NEED TO BE READ!
Well, not need but certainly want! Why else would I have requested them?
So, with Nook in hand, I have declared April to be
NETGALLEY MONTH!!
During the entire month of April I plan to read as many NetGalley books as I can.
Depending on publisher requests, and release dates, not all reviews will be posted in April but I'll be reading them!"
Check out her blog... http://redhousebooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-which-i-declare-april-to-be.html... to join and find out about prizes. Don't have an ereader? You can still join! Just read the galleys on your computer, mobile device or email the publisher and request a bound galley copy.

I think this is a great idea! Like other bloggers, I adore NetGalley! And, like other bloggers, I have a few "egalleys" to read and review. We've also requested a few YA titles that M, my 12 year old daughter, wants to read. I allowed her to download them with the caveat that she must write reviews, as well. I will post her reviews here, too.

So, I'm joining in and am looking forward to some great reads!

2 comments:

Karen in Texas said...

That's so cool Kathy. Can't wait to read your April reviews.

Emily said...

Thank you so much for participating in NetGalley April! It's time to wrap it up - please check back in :)
http://bit.ly/lP2xQ7

Hope you had a great month!