Monday, May 3, 2010

Mailbox Monday, A New Book Community & Thank You!



Marcia of The Printed Page hosts the Mailbox Monday Meme. I received a copy of South of Broad by Pat Conroy in Monday's mail. I registered my book club on a publisher's website. Every once in a while and, completely unexpected, I receive a book from them. It definitely makes my day.

I have not read Pat Conroy's latest. We have been wanting to read it in the book club but were waiting for it in paperback. Well, wait no more! I will suggest it the next time we meet.

Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.com hosts Book Blgger Hop, one of my favorite blogging "memes". She has just started her own book community. It's on BlogFrog and it's another great way to connect with other book lovers and bloggers. I'm not quite sure how to link it but if you click on her button... ... it should take you to her website. From there, you can search her blog to find the link. Please take the time to find the community... you'll be happy you did. See you there!


My bag today was my black and white peace sign bag. I haven't carried it in a while so I found it in my purse closet and used it today. M even commented that she might want to use it next year as her book bag. She has already determined that, in seventh grade, backpacks are very passé. Middle school girls, at least the girls she aspires to be like, carry their books in large purses or tote bags. I have no problem with this. It wouldn't even bother me if she switched it out every week. She is my daughter, after all. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.


I just want to thank everyone who has commented on my blog and my new followers. I have read every comment and truly appreciate the kind words. I love that so many of you love books, bags and, more (maybe most) importantly, Bon Jovi as much as I do! For those about to rock, I salute you! I know that's from AC/DC but I thought it was appropriate. Here's Bon Jovi's latest... Superman Tonight...

5 comments:

Karen in Texas said...

So cool that you got a free book and it turned out to be a great read too Kathy. I've got plans to hit BAM this weekend and pick up Hester: A Novel by Paula Reed. It's so new its not even listed under new books on paperbackswap so I can't even add it to my wish list. It follows Hester after her husbands death and into Cromwell's evil clutches. Farfetched I know but it sounds really good in the synopsis I read about it. I'm never good at retelling what a book is about.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Love the bag and the song but, sorry, didn't like the video - too many flashing things happening.

Kathy said...

Karen~
I wish we had a BAM around here.
You'll have to let me know how you like Hester. The Scarlet Letter is one of my favorites novels! I have hester on hold at the library.

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

i love that bag!

btw, i have an award for you
http://anovelsource.blogspot.com/2010/05/aww-shucks.html

Kathy said...

Thanks, Stacy!