My Waiting on Wednesday is a book that is getting great "buzz" on book blogs. It's Daughters of Fortune by Tara Hyland.

From Simon & Schuster UK... "William Melville's daughters are heiresses to the world's most exclusive fashion dynasty. Beautiful and rich, they are envied by all. But behind the glittering façade of their lives, each girl hides a dark secret that threatens to tear their family apart.
Smart, ambitious Elizabeth knows how to manipulate every man she meets, except the one who counts: her father.
Gentle, naïve Caitlin, the illegitimate child, struggling to fit into a world of privilege while staying true to herself.
Stunning, spoilt Amber, the party girl with a weakness for bad boys; more fragile than anyone realises.
As each of them seeks to carve out her own destiny, Elizabeth, Caitlin and Amber face difficult choices, which will take them in wildly different directions. But as old wounds resurface and threaten to destroy the foundations of the Melville empire, their paths will cross again. Because the simple truth is that, no matter how far you go, you cannot escape the claims of family."
Doesn't this sound like the perfect summer beach, okay...pool... read?!? And the cover... simply gorgeous. It truly evokes the wealth and privilege that is the novel's essence. I'm very excited to read it. I've already read the exceperts on the publisher's page as well as an interview with the author. She mentions that her favorite authors include Ken Follett and Jeffrey Archer, two of my favorites. She is asked which five words would she use to describe her book? Her answer... Fashion, glamour, secrets, wealth, passion. How can I not read this novel? I have even emailed her to see if she was coming to Denver for a signing, but, alas (isn't that a great word? Too bad, no one really uses anymore), she is not. Maybe she'll tour for her second novel, which she is already writing.

Another thing I'm "Waiting" on this "Wednesday" is the new issue of People magazine. It's the one with Sandra Bullock and her son (!!!). How absolutely freakin' cute is he? He's got this look like ... "don't mess with MY Mommy!" I cannot believe that she kept this amazing secret in the midst of all the crap she's been dealing with the past few months. I blogged about how much I love Sandra when she was nominated for the Oscar. I even talked about much I like her and Jesse as a couple and that I thought he was a good guy. Boy, was I wrong about him! I can't wait to see pictures. When I showed my husband the picture of Louis (yes, I know he was named for Louis Armstrong but I love that it's the same pronounciation as Monsieur Vuitton), he said "Wow, what a chubber!" Don't you just love chubby babies! Because both J and M were preemies, neither one was a "chubber", so I think I take extra delight with babies that have a little extra pudge.
I carried my "Motorcycle" bag today. I needed it to carry a lot of things. M had the second night of her play and she had to be there a half hour early. I knew i'd be sitting for a while so i brought my Margaret Coel novel (it reeked of cigarette smoke. I love library books but when they smell... yuck!) and a water bottle. She was a pirate tonight. She "glammed" it up, though. She wore a basic Seinfeld puffy shirt... remember that?!?
... with black leggings and boots. She accessorized with a red scarf around her waist. I thought her costume was complete... ummm, no! She comes on stage with a black hat trimmed in white feathers and a fishnet fingerless glove... both compliments of the music teacher's costume closet. She rocked her look. To make it even better... she put her sword in her boot not her waist sash, like everyone else. Even when she's in character, she has her own style!

3 comments:
I can picture her in costume Kathy. Definitely styling it. I hate when I get books that smell of cigarettes too. Even though I grew up in a house where both parents smoked I'll never get used to the smell of cigarettes. I blame a lot of my upper respiratory infections as a child on my parents smoking. They say that's not what caused them but funny once I wasn't with them so much and had my own place I never got them hardly any more. I'm waiting for my sister Cheryl to buy that People magazine so I can borrow it. She usually gets them every week. I think that's what I'll get her for Christmas this year. Hmmm...then I'd definitely get them as hand me down magazines. LOL.
Visiting from the hop. Nice to meet you, I love the title of your blog - jealous of the young Bon Jovi, how I wanted my hair to perm like that.
I love that pic of Sandra and her new baby. He definitely has some attitude and I LOVE it.
A few weeks ago I bought a few shirts and when I wore one Jason called it the puffy shirt (except it was blue)! Now I'm thinking I might have to return it :)
Post a Comment